How it works
What is BrewBox?
We supply the fresh ingredients, recipes and step-by-step instructions to make brewing beer at home simpler than ever. Our process was designed by our professional brewers to work for home brewers of any experience level. The recipes are easy to follow and produce delicious craft beer. We have six beers to choose from with an exciting new recipe released each month to keep your brewing interesting.
What do I need to get started?
- BrewBox Starter Kit
- Stockpot - 5L BrewBox = min. 9L pot, 10L BrewBox = min. 18L pot
- (Hint: get this cheap stockpot from Big W)
Bottles - flip-top or reusable PET are the simplest, or reuse glass beer bottles if you want to try capping
- (Hint: get these PET bottles from Big W or try your local home brew shop for flip-top bottles)
- Kitchen stove
- Large mixing spoon
- Measuring jug
- Teaspoon measure
- Table sugar
What does each BrewBox contain?
Everything you need for your brew. All of our ingredients are measured for your ease & packed fresh to guarantee quality. Malt & hops are shipped within 2 days of packing.
- Freshly milled base malt
- Specialty malts
- Packet of dried yeast (Lallemand)
- Special ingredients like coconut or lactose for certain recipes
- BrewCard - tailored to each recipe will show you exactly how to brew, and the fermentation and bottling guide will get you through those final steps.
- Fermentation Guide
What's in the Starter Kit
We recomend all first time brewers & brewboxers buy a starter kit with your first order. This kit contains everything that can be hard to come by - for any other tools please see above.
- 15L fermenter with a tap
- Bottling wand
- Digital thermometer
- Mesh brewing bag